Sunday 12 January 2014

I’m being attacked because of Jonathan — Kashamu


I’m being attacked because of Jonathan — Kashamu
Prince Kashamu Buruji yesterday explained that the attacks on him by former President Olusegun Obasanjo were because of his unflinching support for President Goodluck Jonathan adding that Obasanjo’s letters were spreading his popularity beyond measure.
Buruji who spoke during a media interaction following an Ogun State PDP stakeholders’ meeting in his Ijebu Igbo country home vowed not to ever recant his support for Dr. Jonathan.
“Jonathan is a good president, he is loyal to
Nigeria, he’s a complete gentleman, transparent and a believer in due process. We are ready to go the extra mile in delivering the South West for him,” he said.
“You ought to know the strategy of Obasanjo, that Obasanjo wanted to hijack me from Jonathan, that if I don’t support Jonathan in South West, the South West would be easier for them. How many times has he called me? How many times Obasanjo has sent people to me that why am I so stubborn? Many that he had sent, I did not answer them because I am not a betrayer.
“When I love somebody and believe in the leadership of somebody, whatever happens I accept that I will go with the person. I believe in the leadership of Jonathan, I believe in the government of Jonathan and in his transformation agenda
“It’s only Jonathan that can open his mouth and say don’t support me again. What I’m doing is for the party, for Jonathan and the country. Jonathan is a good president, he is loyal to Nigeria, he’s a complete gentleman, transparent and a believer in due process. We are ready to go the extra mile in delivering the South West to him. You know when it comes to mobilizing the people, I’m a grassroots person. I’ve already opened offices all over the South West.
In Ogun State over two million registered in the last election but only 400,000 voted. In each state, I have registered in my data over 20, 000 supporters. Tell me which grassroots does Obasanjo have? The last election we did, they beat him flat. I have 80 per cent of PDP leaders in Ogun.

No comments:

Post a Comment